We will endeavour to put a new recipe up for lamb and beef each month.
This is a link to our beef recipes page and and shortly I will do the same for lamb, the below is the Aleppo sausage rolls we gave a sample with some of our CSA parcels. The recipe for the meat loaf link is on the beef page.
Ray-Monde Deux Ryeland Lamb “Soujok roulo” Aleppo Style sausage rolls (modified Greg Malouf recipe from “Saha”)
- 5 sheets of mountain bread
- 500g of minced Ryeland lamb – shoulder or leg
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 0.5 teaspoon of spanish paprika
- 0.5 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 0.5 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 0.5 teaspoon of ground allspice
- 0.5 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 0.5 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 0.5 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 0.25 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon of pomegranate syrup
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- And more olive oil to cook with.
Massage through the mince all ingredients, ensure to mix thoroughly. Spread a thin layer of “soujok” on each piece of mountain bread, ensure to cover all of the bread evenly going right to the edges. Roll it tightly and put in a sealed container as each roll is made to ensure it does not dry out. Fry with olive oil in a fry pan or on the barbecue for a few minutes rotating each roll until golden brown.